Thursday, September 1, 2011

Bag of Bones Blog 4

Mike has finally had the ability to start writing again because he for some reason no longer has writer's block. He's working on a mystery book unrelated to whats happening in his life right now. He is slowly becoming more attracted to Mattie, the 21 year old who he is helping with the custody case.
Mike is really unsure of whether he wants to pursue a relationship with Mattie for several reasons. First, he is 40. She is 21. He doesn't know if its even ethical to date someone who could be his daughter. Second, he is unsure of whether she wants to be in a relationship with him at all. Third, everybody in the town has their eyes on Mike, and on Mattie as well. If anything so much as a hug is seen by anybody in the town, it could be a disaster in the custody case, because Mike has been called as a witness; if he says anything in her favor, and is then seen in a relationship with her, it could mean serious trouble.
Fortunately, I can't really relate to anything happening in this book. I've never experienced ghosts, or trouble with the law. The only thing I can relate to is writer's block, which I've faced many times in writing essays for school. Also I can relate to Mattie's constant worry of whether she's being watched or what will happen to her daughter. Although I can't compare my worries specifically to those issues, I do constantly worry about everything in my life, so I can kind of understand why she has reason to worry.
Im about halfway through the book, and I can't wait to see what happens to Kyra (the 3 year old) in the next few chapters. Or what happens with the ghosts haunting Mike.

No comments:

Post a Comment