Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Bag of Bones Blog 3

I'm still reading Bag of Bones and I'm up to chapter 15. Recently, Mike has discovered that their are ghosts in his house, and the 21 year old woman he met earlier, Mattie, is noticing them too. When Mike met Mattie and Kyra, he was unaware of their current troubles. However, after recieving a phone call from the multimillionare Max  Devore, Mattie's father-in-law, he soon realizes the mess he's in. Max and Mattie are in a custody battle over Kyra, and have been since the death of her husband and his son, Lance. Since Mattie has no money and lives in a trailer, and Mike has too much money to know what to even do with it, he decides to buy her a lawyer. As of now, Mike is not in a romantic relationship with Mattie...but he really wants to be. While this is occuring, Mike discovers that his wife may have been having in affair, but at this point he is still not sure...
I don't know how I'd react to all of the stuff Mike is facing at this point, but I don't think I'd be as calm as he is. He's hearing crying and shrieking women and children in his house, seeing things he shouldn't see, having dreams that seem like reality--all of this sounds like a pretty big sign to me to get out of that house and stay out. I guess fortunately for him, he's a writer, and he loves adventure. Still, I can't help  but wonder whether this is going to end up killing him! At one point in the story he actually communicates with whatever it is in the house, and asks, "Am I safe here? If yes, pound once, if no, pound twice." And whatever the thing is, pounds twice. Mike must be a pretty tough guy to be able to stay in that house.

No comments:

Post a Comment