Saturday, September 3, 2011

Currently...

Pages read: 135-285 for a total of 150 this week
 pages read last week: 1-135 for a total of 135

Total: 285 pages

Still reading Bag of Bones by Stephen King.

Favorite sentences this week:

1. "When you're on your own, strange behavior really doesn't seem that strange at all."

I find this statement to be completely true, because when I'm by myself I act realllllly weird, but to me it doesn't seem that weird, even though sometimes I catch myself saying and doing some pretty strange things...

2. "Sleeping dogs, I told myself each time. Sleeping dogs, Michael."

Mike is discussing whether or not to call his wife's friend and ask if she knew if Jo was having an affair. But he decided to "let sleeping dogs lie," meaning he wasn't going to meddle into something, when his wife is dead anyway.

3. "There were no long drives those last nine or ten months. We talked on the phone and I remember once we had lunch in Watervill, but there were no long drives. She quit."

Mike finally called Jo's friend Bonnie to ask if there were any charity meetings she missed that year when she lied about going down to the TR. Bonnie tells Mike she had quit, and hadn't been to any of the meetings that year. I really like this sentence because it is so suspenseful; you find out that Jo had been lying about where she was going that whole summer...

No comments:

Post a Comment