Friday, September 16, 2011

Currently...Week 4

Palo Alto stories by James Franco: 149-197 = 48 pages (finished book)
Bag of Bones by Stephen King: 285-375 = 90 pages
Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis: ix,x, 1-11 = 13 pages

Total this week: 151 pages
Total for semester: 444+151= 595

Favorite Sentences:

1. "At first I couldn't reply, because Frank Arlen had completely demolished one of the assumptions I'd made about my married life-- one of those biggies, one of those that seem so basic you don't even think about questioning them. Gravity holds you down. Light allows you to see...Stuff like that."

I like this quote because it suggests that Mike just assumed he knew everything about his marriage, like it was common sense, but in reality, there were things about his marriage that he didn't know.

2. "I'd been hypnotized by the fantasies going on in my head, and a hypnotized man is easy to lead."

Mike is talking about how he was so caught up in writing his novel that he hadn't been paying attention to the house he was buying, so he bought the Sara Laughs house that was dangerous, without even thinking. The house had caught his attention during the creation in one of his novels in order to catch him off guard.

3. "The writing had burned off all thoughts of the real world, at least temporarily. I think that, in the end, that's what it's for. Good or bad, it passes the time."

I just like this quote because it's true. 

No comments:

Post a Comment