Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Palo Alto and Bag of Bones

I finished reading Palo Alto stories by James Franco this week, and I'd have to say it was unlike anything I've ever read. It wasn't really my style, but overall I enjoyed the book, because it gave me a new perspective on highschool life and some of the things that can really happen.

Now I'm reading the rest of Bag of Bones, by Stephen King. The last I had stopped reading before I started Palo Alto, Michael had been getting his butt kicked by Max Devore. When I came back to the story, Max's sidekick, Rogette Whitmore (the "bag of bones") started to throw rocks at Michael in the lake, hitting him in the head. Long story short, Max and Rogette leave and Michael goes home. He is afraid to tell anyone about the incident because he doesn't want to look bad; how would it look to have been beaten up by an 85 year old? He goes to sleep thinking about this, and when he wakes up, he learns that Max committed suicide in a tub and a trash bag, shortly after his confrontation with Michael. He's not sure what to think about this--why would he kill himself, especially during the middle of the custody battle? Mattie is on the same page as Michael; she is hysterical, because she has no idea whats going on.

I can relate the feeling of Mattie to my own life, because sometimes I can get pretty hysterical when I'm confused. I can't stop crying, when I'm not completely in control of my life, and I need to learn to get over that and just go with the flow. If I learn to do that, I can become a more easygoing person who can be more enjoyable to be around.

P.S. i cant WAIT for the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment