Friday, November 11, 2011

Finally

At the end of the semester, as I am writing now, I'd say I have changed as a reader. It's weird, because I used to read for fun, and then I stopped. Now, I've kind of gotten into the habit of reading for fun again. I definitely had a range of books that I read this semester, all of them popular fiction though. I read anywhere from Stephen King to James Franco to Nicholas Sparks, all extremely different authors. I started reading Stephen King, who writes kind of creepy books, then I went to religious books like Screwtape Letters and Heaven is for Real, and at the end I was reading Nicholas Spark's love stories!
I think I'll be more likely to read for fun this summer for several reasons. First, I got a pool at the end of the summer, and so I think I'll spend a lot of time relaxing on a float and reading some good summer books. Also, this class helped me to realizing reading is actually fun when you have a good book. I kind of forgot about that considering I hadn't read a book for fun since freshman or sophomore year.
I think this summer I'm gonna try to read all or most of the Nicholas Sparks books because they just seem very summery to me. I think my next thing is going to be to finish It because I haven't done that yet. When I finish that, I'm not sure what I'm going to read next, but it'll probably be some sort of romance, because I think that's what catches my attention and engages me most when it comes to books, or just life in general I guess. Although I'm a very rational person, I'm into romantic movies and books.
I've never read this much in a semester, and I think it was good for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment