Thursday, November 3, 2011

A book to remember....

Pretty clever title, I think. This week I started reading A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks, after I read The Screwtape Letters. I've seen the movie before, and I got bored in Psych class because we were just sitting there, so I went to the library, to the Sparks section, and picked this one up. It's sounding almost exactly like the movie so far, but I'm not very far in. There are some differences. I really liked the movie, partially because it's one of the saddest, most sentimental movies on the Earth, partially because Shane West is one of the hottest actors on Earth, and he's in that movie. I think I'm interested in Nicholas Sparks books because they all have points to them, and teach lessons, rather than some pointless books that have no value in learning really. I also really like sad books, and feeling other people's perspectives. For some reason I find it fun to cry during books and movies, I guess I just feel closer to the characters when that happens. And at least that means I have a heart, right? This book is gonna be a pretty easy read, it's only 240 pages and it goes by pretty fast.  I think I'll probably finish it by next week, and then I'll have 150 pages in. But I don't really want to stop reading after we stop doing the blogs and all that. I think if I have time I'm gonna try to read as much as I can whenever I'm bored. I mean, I'm still probably gonna watch TV because I'm just not that disciplined, but for sure I'm gonna try to read more than I have before I started this semester.
Also, I'm just going to add that tonight's NHS induction was actually kind of fun. And Mr. Hill's dry sense of humor cracked my parents up, they told me.

No comments:

Post a Comment